Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Babbling Biden's Mental Meltdown Continues

On the pandemic:

"They're, they're . . You're OK. You're not going to, You're not going to get Covid if you have those vaccinations . . .. That's underway. Just like the other question that's logical. And I've heard you (Don Lemon) speak about it because you alway - I'm not being solicitous - you're always straight up about what you're doing. And the question is whether or not we should be in a position where you, uh, um, are, why can't the, the experts say we know that this virus is, in fact, uh, um, uh, is, is, is, going to be, uh, or excuse me, we, we know why all the drugs approved are not temporarily approved, but permanently approved. That's underway, too. I expect that to occur quickly . . ."

On the economy:

"Reduce inflation because we're going to be providing good opportunities and jobs for people who in fact are going to be reinvesting that money back in all the things we're talking about. Driving down prices, not raising prices. And so, it, it is, I, I, I, I, I sincerely mean this. Prices are up now, and they're up in . . . For example, you're in a position where you're trying to build a house, try to find two-by-fours, and lumber. Well, guess what? People stopped working. Cutting lumber. They stopped doing it, because they, they're, the unemployment was so down. Now all of a sudden there's this need because people are coming back, and guess what? Instead of paying ten cents, you're paying twenty. I . . . .You understand what I'm saying. It relates to what in fact is now needed because we're growing."

On U.S. standing in the post-Trump world . . .

"But folks, um, the rest of the world's wondering about us. Those of you who travel abroad, not a joke, not a joke. You ask, you know, when I went to this G-7, all the major democracies. I walked in, and I know a lot of them because of my role in the past. And I walk in and I said, 'America's back.' And they go, I'm serious, heads of state. I give you my word as a Biden. Said, 'Are you really back? I mean, How can I? We believe you Joe, but will the country ever get it together?' . . . . ."

To Don Lemon, about being vaccinated and trusting the experts. . . .

"Are, are you OK? I mean, you seem, no it works. Or, you, you know, or, or, or, or the Mom and Dad, or, or, or, or, or, or the neighbor. Or when you go to church, or when you're . . . . No, I really mean it. There are trusted interlocutors. Think of the people, if you're kid wanted to find out, whether or not there were . . . there's a man on the moon, or, or, you know, something, or, you know, something, you know, whether those aliens are here or not, you know, who are the people they talk to beyond the kids who love talking about it?"

 -----President Joe Biden, CNN Town Hall, July 21, 2021 

No comments: